Everyone loves to wear jewelry. Jewelry makes you looks stylish and helps enhance the inherent beauty of women.
Here are some interesting facts about jewelry
- Due to a similar appearance to gold, the mineral pyrite has the nickname fool's gold.
- Over the last 100 years South Africa has been the biggest producer of gold. In recent times however it has been surpassed by China.
- The largest gold nugget ever found weighed over two hundred pounds in Australia.
- For rose gold jewelry, copper is mixed PURE with the gold to give its distinct, pinkish color. Pure Gold is always yellow.
- Karat, is the measurement used to identify how much solid gold is in an item. If a gold piece is 24k, then it is 100% gold.
- It is believed that around 80% of earth's gold is still buried underground.
- The visors of astronauts' space helmets receive a coating of gold to reduce glare and heat from sunlight.
- 75% of American brides receive engagement rings made from gold and diamonds.
- The Federal Reserve Bank of New York holds the world's largest accumulation of monetary gold with $147 billion worth of gold bullion.
- South Asian jewelry is generally more pure than western jewelry, comprised of 22 carat gold rather than 14 carat.
- Egypt and Mesopotamia are the two ancient civilizations, who first started organized production of jewelry.
We are professional Hip Hop jewelers in LA. If you want to such services, then do contact us.